EVERYTHING YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT MY CHEST LIFTING CIRCUIT
- A circuit is a high intensity, fast-paced type of workout in which the goal is to keep your heart-rate at a high level the whole time throughout!
- This exercise grouping requires NON-STOP movements, HIGH ENERGY tempo, and full concentration!
- After you complete the 5 exercises, take no more than a 1-2 minute break and then repeat the 5 exercises again!
- Make sure you work fast but efficient; take your time and FOCUS on your chest area when performing these workouts!
BEGINNERS for this EXERCISE CIRCUIT: 2-3 Times Around
ADVANCED for this EXERCISE CIRCUIT: 3-5 Times Around
∆ EXERCISE 1- ELEVATED PUSH-UPS (ON CHAIR)
- Grab a chair, then stand in front of it and get into push-up position with your hands shoulder-width apart.
- While in push-up position, elevate and place your legs in between the edge and the middle of the chair (the seat of the chair). It should look like this.
- Complete 15 reps of these push-ups and hit those MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS (25 CLIMBS EACH LEG)
∆ EXERCISE 2- ELEVATED DIPS (ON CHAIR)
- While sitting in the chair place your hands on each of the top corners of the the chair's seat so the outside of your palms are vertically aligned with the sides of the chair. Walk out onto the mat while putting all your weight on your palms with your feet on the ground.
- In the finished position your knees can be bent, or extended all the way out as you can see in my video. It should look like this. You should feel it in your shoulders and the back of your arms (triceps) immediately.
- Complete 10 REPS and hit those MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS! (25 CLIMBS EACH LEG)
∆ EXERCISE 3- CIRCLE PUSH-UPS
- Ditch the chair. Get into push-up position with your knees on the ground and your legs bent and feet crossed just like this.
- Start the same movement as if you were going to do a regular push-up but start with more weight on one arm and begin a a clockwise motion like you are going to draw a circle with the top of your head while doing a push-up (best way to explain it).
- If I confused you- no harm done...I'm not perfect just jump back to my YouTube video real quick to double-check the proper movement for this particular exercise, just to be safe.
- Complete 10 REPS (5 clockwise, 5 counter-clockwise) of this exercise and IMMEDIATELY hit those MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS! (25 CLIMBS EACH LEG)
∆ EXERCISE 4- PALM PRESSES (3-SECOND HOLD/REP)
- Stick your arms out as if they were wings and you were about to fly away, then cup your hands.
- Press your palms against each other, tighten your core and push as hard as you can for 3 seconds.
- Complete 10 REPS of 3-SEC PALM PRESS and then IMMEDIATELY hit those MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS! (25 JUMPS EACH LEG)