Wednesday, July 10, 2013

HEALTHY HOW TO: STUFFED PEPPER BOWL

WHAT YOU WILL NEED

2 GREEN BELL PEPPERS
2 CUPS BROWN RICE
1 CUP CHOPPED ONION
1 CUP OF RAW BROCCOLI
1/2-1 LB CHOPPED CHICKEN


PLEASE READ BELOW 
Half of my prepping process was not pictured. (Vegetable, chicken and pepper prepping) Just want you all to know I thoroughly washed my hands, knife and cutting board throughout the process. I also made sure my hands were cleaned extensively with anti-bacterial soap and we also keep hand-sanitizer around the kitchen area as well. Even though I do appreciate the feedback, the purpose of this video wasn't to inform you guys on how to keep clean and sanitized when cooking...the purpose was to show you how to put together this quick and easy, healthy meal in a short amount of time. Just because I didn't keep the part of the video of me cleaning things and washing my hands DOES NOT mean I didn't do it, but thank you to the few of you for pointing out the importance of a clean kitchen area when cooking. It is ESSENTIAL avoid cross contamination when dealing with RAW foods. Thanks guys...now enjoy yourself throughout the process! Healthy cooking is and a keeping a great diet is free therapy!

*****When making your Stuffed Pepper Bowls, you can season and marinate your chicken, any way you want. Same goes for the vegetables and your brown rice. We chose to keep it clean with minced garlic & spices, with a sliver of "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" on the pan. You don't have to use cheese for those of you that are lactose-intolerant but we chose to throw a little PART-SKIM shredded mozzarella on top. Don't forget- you can layer your Pepper Bowl anyway you want. To my knowledge, there is no specific way but be creative, and let me know in the comments how you guys did with it and any ideas you have on different ways to layer and make this! Thank you guys and ENJOY!!*****

STEP 1 - PREPPING BEFORE COOKING
  • Cut the stems out of your peppers, or you can just put the pepper on it's side and cut the top off of it.
  •  I prefer to de-stem it and then cut around about an inch away from that so you have more pepper at the top to hold more stuff in. 
  • In this video, I tried to do that, and then ended up just cutting it clean, but I think it's good I showed the process of cutting the stem out this way you guys have both options to work with.
  • Use any type of tupperware container to throw your chicken (even your vegetables too), spices, marinade, and whatever else you might want to add in and shake it extensively.
  • The shaking process is essential because it softens the chicken and ensures that every part of each little piece of chicken or whatever else you put in there is properly dressed with your spices, sauces, marinade, etc.

STEP 2 - THE FUN PART
  • Have your vegetables, chopped chicken and stove on high ready to go. 
  • Prior to cooking I spray the pan with some PAM or sometimes I use OLIVE OIL or BALSAMIC and usually add a little LIGHT BUTTER in as well with a teaspoon of MINCED GARLIC. 
  • Set the burner on high, and once you hear the minced garlic start to deliciously CRACKLE, you'll get that garlic aroma that we are all in love with, which is your signal to throw in the chicken. 
  • Cook the chicken to your liking, and have another pan set and ready for the veggies.
  • Once your chicken starts to go from pink to white, add your veggies. This will time it so the veggies will be just right as soon as your chicken is ready to come off the stove. 
  • As soon as the chicken starts to wear a golden brown color, your sauteed veggies are crackling/steaming, and your 2 cups of brown rice are fluffy, turn off the stove and throw your chicken and veggies onto separate plates, while putting the brown rice into a bowl.
STEP 3 - LAYERING MY PEPPER BOWLS
  • Mind you- you can layer this to your liking, there is no exact way to layer it...no
  • Brown Rice 
  • Chicken
  • Sauteed Vegetables
  • Mozzarella Cheese

2 comments:

  1. That actually looks really delicious. I'm going to try cooking that for my family. Anyways, I love your videos because they inspire to get in shape and I love Carli's videos because she makes me realize that I can do great things in life and that I am beautiful, even if I'm not a professional makeup artist. Keep up the great work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it possible to lose weight only of doing workouts at home? Or is it better to go for a run outside? :-) love your blog & videos!! :-)

    ReplyDelete