WHAT YOU WILL NEED FOR YOUR OMELETTE
2-3 EGGS WHITES
ANY VEGETABLE(S) OF YOUR CHOICE
ANY CHEESE(S) OF YOUR CHOICE
2 SEC. POUR OF SKIM MILK
TIP* Pour a little milk into your liquid egg mixture before you put pour it onto the pan and beat well (with a whisk or fork). The milk (I recommend using milk, some people use butter) will help fluff the eggs. Omelette's are good with all types of ingredients, the list is very long. I personally love chicken and want as much protein in the morning as possible so I chose to use grilled chicken, spinach, onion, peppers & mozzarella cheese. For dieting, weight loss, muscle gain, and meal prep (to name a few) egg whites are the BEST option. They are a great source of protein, and a very nutritious and health beneficial superfood to give your body after you wake up.
STEP 1 - THE PREP
- Set your oven to BROIL, mine was at 525 Degrees Fahrenheit
- I recommend dicing your ingredients because the more pieces the more you can spread out.
- If you use chicken, make sure it is cooked already!
- Have your egg mixture with the ingredients all in the same area and close to the stove when you turn it on.
STEP 2 - THE FUN PART
- Whatever pan you use (I used a Cast-Iron Pan) make sure it's greased up, I HIGHLY recommend VIRGIN Olive-Oil if you don't use an olive-oil spray!
- Set your stove-burner on medium to high heat, wait about a minute and pour your mixture into your pan.
- Wait about 2-3 minutes then grab the pan and lift it up a little bit to see if the egg is cooking and taking a circular shape as it covers the whole bottom of the pan.
- Once you determine that the egg is cooking nicely you know it's time to get your ingredients in.
- If you are going to use cheese, I recommended shredded, this way it is easier to spread on top prior to placing the pan in the oven to broil.
- Keep it in the broiler about 2-3 minutes but keep an eye on it.
- When you pull it out of the broiler, it should look like you made a egg pizza! I would honestly just eat it like that if it were up to me!
STEP 3 - PRESENTATION, HIGH-FIVES
- Make sure you are wearing kitchen mittens before you take the pan out of your oven!
- If you have a non-stick pan, or you greased your pan just shake the pan a little bit while tilting the pan and let the egg slowly slide off and as it is about halfway off turn your pan so the egg forms to a half-moon shape.
- Proceed to throw any spices on top of the egg, maybe spread some salsa over it, ketchup, etc. Enjoy!