EVERYTHING YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT MY INNER-THIGH CIRCUIT
- A circuit is a high intensity, fast-paced type of workout in which the goal is to keep your heart-rate at a high level the whole time throughout!
- This exercise grouping requires NON-STOP movements, HIGH ENERGY tempo, and full concentration!
- After you complete the 5 exercises, take no more than a 1-2 minute break and then repeat the 5 exercises again!
- Make sure you work fast but efficient; take your time and FOCUS on the inner thigh area when performing these workouts!
BEGINNERS for this EXERCISE CIRCUIT: 2 Times Around
ADVANCED for this EXERCISE CIRCUIT: 3-5 Times Around
∆ EXERCISE 1- SUMO SQUATS WITH WEIGHT
- If you don't have dumbbell weights, you can really use anything (milk jugs, soup cans, medicine ball, kettle bell, etc) as long as it is safe & practical.
- Make sure when you get into the sumo position, your feet are pointing a few inches outward- this will emphasize the weight on your heels and really get those inner thighs burning throughout the movement.
- Complete 15 REPS of these squats and get right into your ALTERNATING HIGH KNEE JUMPS! (20 JUMPS EACH LEG)
∆ EXERCISE 2- WARRIOR POSE LUNGES (YOGA INSPIRED)
- Spread your feet and get into your "Warrior Pose" for all you Yoga lovers out there, and if you are unfamiliar with the pose, here is a picture of how it should look.
- Once you are in this position, start lunging onto your front leg. Really think about putting weight on your heel and "sitting" on that leg because form for this exercise is EVERYTHING.
- Complete 15 REPS EACH LEG and get right into your ALTERNATING HIGH KNEE JUMPS! (20 JUMPS EACH LEG)
∆ EXERCISE 3- SQUAT SITS WITH ARM RAISES
- Once again grab 2 dumbbells and have your feet together (or with a little space in between) with your toes pointing straight ahead.
- While your arms are at your sides with dumbbells in each hand, start to slowly sit down like there is a chair ready to catch you.
- As you start to sit, simultaneously bring your arms up for a front shoulder raise (here is a picture of how the motion should look) and at the end of the completed movement you should be squatted down like your going to sit in a chair with your two arms extended out in front of you.
- Complete 15 REPS of this exercise and IMMEDIATELY get into your ALTERNATING HIGH KNEE JUMPS! (20 JUMPS EACH LEG)
∆ EXERCISE 4- LUNGE LEAN SITS (5 SECONDS EACH LEG)
- Get a wide stance similar to the sumo squats, and lean to one side, hold for 5 seconds, and switch to the other side.
- Make sure when you are leaning, you are keeping your hands off your sides, in front of you, above your head, whatever is most comfortable but elevated in some way.
- Also, really sit on your heels with this...if you stick your chest out and lean back onto your heels you will feel it in your thighs! BURN BABY BURN.
- Complete 5 REPS EACH LEG and make sure you are holding the lean for 5 seconds before switching to the other side.
- Complete 5 REPS each leg while holding your lean for 5-seconds each time, and then IMMEDIATELY get into your ALTERNATING HIGH KNEE JUMPS! (20 JUMPS EACH LEG)
∆ EXERCISE 5- SIDE LYING LEG LIFT (PILATE INSPIRED)
- Lay on your side and cross your top leg over your bottom leg resting your foot on the floor.
- Hold your head with your bottom hand or rest your bottom elbow on the ground for support.
- While breathing properly, slowly bring your bottom leg up about 6 inches off the ground and try to concentrate on the inside of your thigh doing all the work when raising your leg up and down.
- Short, choppy movements are best.
- Being that your leg is straight and your knee is locked in this exercise, all the work is done by your inner thigh which should generate an instant burn.
- Complete 25 REPS of this exercise for each leg and IMMEDIATELY start your timer to get into your 30-SECOND SET OF MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS to finalize the circuit.